Release notes for previous release: 3.1.0
Setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings (version 2.7.0 and later only) and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
When upgrading from version 2.6 or earlier, settings and display profiles, shortcuts and wallpapers will not be preserved. If you need to preserve settings and files, you'll need to upgrade to 2.7.1 first, then to version 3.
Please note that 3.2.0 requires a version 3 license, version 2 registration codes won't work. If you're unsure what version your license/registration code is, login to your account to review your orders and access your registration information. Version 3 registration codes are backwards-compatible and will work fine with earlier releases of UltraMon.
System administrators: if you're upgrading UltraMon installations which use version 2 registration codes, you'll need to specify the new version 3 registration code when deploying 3.2.0, otherwise all upgraded installations will run in trial mode. You can do this by setting the USERNAME and PIDKEY properties, for example on the command line for msiexec:
msiexec /i <setupfile> USERNAME="<registeredTo>" PIDKEY=<regCode>
Support for Windows 8 (release preview):
- window buttons: the buttons now work on Windows 8, and match the look of the native buttons (Aero and Basic visual styles)
- wallpaper manager: wallpaper gets laid out correctly if you have a monitor to the left of the primary monitor
- Smart Taskbar: if UltraMon gets installed for the first time on a Windows 8 system, and the multi-monitor taskbar is enabled, the Smart Taskbar is disabled by default (you can still enable it via UltraMon Options > Smart Taskbar)
• Windows 2000 is no longer supported, 3.2.0 requires Windows XP SP2 or later, or Server 2003 SP1 or later.
• If you have configured compatibility settings for 16-bit applications, you'll need to recreate those settings. This is due to a change in how 16-bit applications are handled. Please note that your settings will apply to all 16-bit applications, this was the case previously as well, but the user interface allowed setting up different settings for different 16-bit applications.
• All binaries (executables and DLL files) are now digitally signed, previously only the setup file was signed.
• Multiple entries for the same application shown in application mirroring mode for some applications, for example Windows Media Player and Excel
• Fatal error in WndExt.cpp at lines 386, 392 and 1894 when running multiple 16-bit applications
• Fatal error in ButtonRendererVistaComposited.cpp at line 119 when using the PlastiQ Aero theme
• Occasional crash of UltraMon.exe when starting 32-bit application on 64-bit Windows 7 if UltraMon window buttons are disabled
• LabVIEW 2011 not shown in list of running applications when configuring compatibility settings via UltraMon Options > Compatibility
• UltraMon display configuration menu options such as Display Settings and Set Primary don't get disabled if the display control panel is disabled via group policy
• Smart Taskbar: minimize task via click on task button doesn't behave the same way as on the main taskbar
• Smart Taskbar doesn't work correctly if the shell process registry entry isn't set or uses a partial path
• Fatal error in TaskBand.cpp at line 1136 when using Taskbar Shuffle or Taskix to reorder tasks on the UltraMon taskbar
• Visual Studio 2003 restores to blank window after minimizing via click on task button
• With the Smart Taskbar enabled, explorer.exe may hang when resuming from hibernation
• Fatal or runtime error in UltraMonTaskbar.exe when using Stardock theme
• Smart Taskbar doesn't work when using Aston Shell version 2.0.4 or RES Workspace Manager
• Fatal error in TaskBand.cpp at line 485
• Wallpaper manager (UltraMonDesktop.exe) may hang instead of showing an error message when trying to load a corrupted wallpaper profile
• If a monitor is ignored, it may not be possible to enable another monitor connected to the same video card
• UltraMon may only show two monitors instead of 3 on Windows 7 when using a docked laptop with 2 external monitors connected
• Saving icon positions doesn't work if DeskScapes from Stardock is installed
• Scripting: object browser and script editor Intellisense don't show new methods and properties added in version 2.7.0 of the UltraMon COM objects
• Scripting: MonCtl.RefreshMonitorLayout crashes on Windows 7 if called before the monitor collection has been created
• Scripting: setting the MonCtl.SelDisabled property has no effect, and documentation is wrong
• Runtime error in Adobe Acrobat when moving maximized window if Acrobat was launched from CCH ProSystem Engagement. As a workaround, go to UltraMon Options > Compatibility, then configure settings for Adobe Acrobat and check the 'use alternative method to move maximized window' option
• Docking hints from Xceed Docking Windows library don't work if UltraMon window buttons are enabled for the application