Release notes for previous releases
Setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings (version 2.7.0 and later only) and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
When upgrading from version 2.6 or earlier, settings and display profiles, shortcuts and wallpapers will not be preserved. If you need to preserve settings and files, you'll need to upgrade to 2.7.1 first, then to version 3.
Please note that 3.2.2 requires a version 3 license, version 2 registration codes won't work. If you're unsure what version your license/registration code is, login to your account to review your orders and access your registration information. Version 3 registration codes are backwards-compatible and will work fine with earlier releases of UltraMon.
System administrators: if you're upgrading UltraMon installations which use version 2 registration codes, you'll need to specify the new version 3 registration code when deploying 3.2.2, otherwise all upgraded installations will run in trial mode. You can do this by setting the USERNAME and PIDKEY properties, for example on the command line for msiexec:
msiexec /i <setupfile> USERNAME="<registeredTo>" PIDKEY=<regCode>
Support for Windows 8 final version (RTM release): the following issues have been fixed:
- the window buttons match the look of the native buttons
- Smart Taskbar is disabled by default due to the built-in multi-monitor taskbar
• Mirroring: monitor 2 configured to mirror 3. If we now try to configure 3 to mirror 2, it gets set to mirror itself
• Application mirroring doesn't work with Office 2013
• Fatal error in UiAccClient.cpp at line 302 if UltraMonUiAcc.exe takes more than 5 seconds to launch
• Fatal error in ButtonWnd.cpp at line 1487
• UltraMon taskbars may not get created after startup even though UltraMonTaskbar.exe is running
• Autohide taskbar can't be raised if maximized Firefox or Chrome window is the foreground window on that monitor
• Starting mirroring may cause the desktop wallpaper to get messed up
• Scripting: System.SetCursorPos doesn't work on Windows XP
• Runtime error in Adobe Acrobat when moving maximized window if Acrobat was launched from CCH ProSystem Engagement. As a workaround, go to UltraMon Options > Compatibility, then configure settings for Adobe Acrobat and check the 'use alternative method to move maximized window' option
• Docking hints from Xceed Docking Windows library don't work if UltraMon window buttons are enabled for the application