This release has a new version of the mirroring feature with support for Windows Vista and several bug fixes.
Release notes for previous releases:
Setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
UltraMon 3 requires Windows 2000/XP or later, Windows 98/Me are no longer supported.
Please note that configuration settings may not be preserved when upgrading from version 2.6 or earlier. Display profiles, shortcuts and wallpapers will be preserved.
New mirroring feature: the mirroring feature is now available on Windows Vista as well, and has several new modes, in addition to mirroring one or more monitors, you can mirror only a single application, part of the desktop, or the area around the mouse pointer.
Zooming is supported, and mirroring now preserves aspect ratios when mirroring monitors with different resolutions and aspect ratios. You can pause mirroring (freeze the mirror display). Due to no longer using a display mirror driver, compatibility issues with some video card driver versions and installation issues have been fixed.
New security feature: all binaries are DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) compatible.
• Smart Taskbar crashes with fatal error in TaskBand.cpp at line 710
• Smart Taskbar crashes when connecting via Remote Desktop to a system where UltraMon is already running and the taskbar is set to autohide
• Smart Taskbar crashes with fatal error in DeskTaskBarManager.cpp at line 798
• Smart Taskbar crashes with fatal error in TaskBand.cpp at line 567
• Dialog windows open behind the main application window with some applications, for example Toad for Oracle, if UltraMon window buttons are enabled
• UltraMon crashes with fatal error in WndExt.cpp at line 183
• UltraMon icon doesn't get added to system tray again on Vista if explorer.exe gets restarted
• UltraMon.exe crashes when changing display settings and window buttons, menu commands and dragging of maximized windows options are disabled
• UltraMon crashes with fatal error in ButtonWnd.cpp at line 1275
• Keyboard navigation no longer works after adding a hotkey under UltraMon Options > Hotkeys
• Run application or script hotkey can't run applications which require elevated privileges on Vista
• Compatibility options are only loaded for a single application when restarting UltraMon
• UltraMon.exe crashes during startup if the Smart Taskbar is enabled
• Window buttons positioned wrongly on Vista if an application takes a long time to start or is hung
• When enabling dynamically added monitors via UltraMon Display Settings, the dialog gets closed without confirming the change
• Right-click on Office 2007 title bar doesn't open window menu on 64-bit Vista if UltraMon menu commands are enabled
• Insufficient error handling in wallpaper manager
• New wallpaper profile dialog doesn't show full path of save location
• Mirroring: dragging map from Google Maps leaves mouse trail on mirror monitor when both monitors use the same resolution
• WindowBlinds skins which use transparency aren't fully supported on Windows XP, you'll get a black background where the taskbar should be transparent. There is no fix for this, it does work fine on Windows Vista though
• Docking hints from Xceed Docking Windows library don't work if UltraMon window buttons are enabled for the application
• Windows 2000: if you don't have Windows Installer version 3 or later installed, a driver used by UltraMon's mirroring feature won't get updated correctly when doing an upgrade install. Repairing the installation will fix the problem