This release has several bug fixes.
Release notes for previous releases:
Setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings (version 2.7.0 and later only) and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
When upgrading from version 2.6 or earlier, settings and display profiles, shortcuts and wallpapers will not be preserved. If you need to preserve settings and files, you'll need to upgrade to 2.7.1 first, then to version 3.
UltraMon 3 requires Windows 2000/XP or later, Windows 98/Me are no longer supported.
• Fatal error in UiAccClient.cpp at line 282 if UltraMon isn't installed in C:\Program Files\UltraMon
• After changing custom button spacing the first time, subsequent changes no longer take effect immediately
• Fatal error in Mirroring.cpp at line 1795 when starting mirroring in app, desktop or mouse pointer mode on system with two monitors and the secondary monitor is disabled
• After an explorer.exe restart the UltraMon taskbar may no longer track application movement and task buttons may be duplicated on the main taskbar
• Fatal error in DeskTaskBarManager.cpp at line 205 if temp folder doesn't exist (you'll still get this error if the folder can't be created, for example because it is on a drive which isn't present)
• Runtime error in Adobe Acrobat when moving maximized window if Acrobat was launched from CCH ProSystem Engagement. As a workaround, go to UltraMon Options > Compatibility, then configure settings for Adobe Acrobat and check the 'use alternative method to move maximized window' option
• WindowBlinds skins which use transparency aren't fully supported on Windows XP, you'll get a black background where the taskbar should be transparent. There is no fix for this, it does work fine on Windows Vista though
• Docking hints from Xceed Docking Windows library don't work if UltraMon window buttons are enabled for the application
• Windows 2000: if you don't have Windows Installer version 3 or later installed, a driver used by UltraMon's mirroring feature won't get updated correctly when doing an upgrade install. Repairing the installation will fix the problem